We are a growing team of 85 people who believe in supporting every woman’s potential.
Luma consists of people from all walks of life. With our diverse skillsets, experiences and professional histories, we come together to achieve the same vision.
We are counsellors, art therapists, general practitioners, nurses, corporate officers, board members, receptionists, peer workers, mental health workers, psychologists, social workers and more.
We all believe that every woman should have access to high-quality healthcare. This inspires us to turn up each day and support women in a way that allows them to grow and thrive.
- Margaret has an extensive career in academia, research and economics and a PhD in economics. She was previously Head of Graduate Studies at Curtin where she was involved in creating the first MBA course, and has undertaken extensive research in governance, corporate social responsibility, and labour market economics. She has also sat on an many healthcare boards, such as WA Lotteries Commission and Princess Margaret Hospital.
- Pina has an accounting career that spans over 30 years, and she is currently the Principal at Caffarelli & Associates. While accounting, taxation and commerce has been her career, Pina has a passion for non-for-profits and the arts and has provided endless support to many boards over the years, such as Cancer Council and Perth Jazz Festival. She is currently a director of Perth Blood Institute, and 360 Health and Community.
- Rebecca comes from a highly qualified background in commerce, being the CFO and COO of Western Australia’s largest provider of radiological services, Perth Radiological Clinic. She is also a Chartered Accounted, member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and was previously the Commercial Manager of Wesfarmers Group.
- Melanie is the Chief Strategy Officer at the global creative agency, Wunderman Thompson. She has spent over 15 years working as a communications strategist in Melbourne, New York and Perth helping some of the world’s biggest brands clarify their value proposition and effectively identify and communicate with their marketplace. Mel’s specialist expertise is in brand strategy and research design to solve organisational problems.
- Jenny comes with an extensive background in the medical industry. She is the Clinical Director of Anatomical Pathology for Australian Clinical Labs in WA. She is a Clinician-Leader with more than 20 years’ experience, in both New Zealand and Australia, and serves on numerous boards in the medical industry.
- Susan has an extensive 30-year career in CEO and management roles. She is currently the CEO of Vinnies WA and was previously the CEO of Cancer Council for 15 years, and previous to that, she was the Executive Director of the State Emergency Service and Volunteer Marine Rescue. Susan has led transformational change within her career, pushing for mission outcomes and sustainable organisational growth.
- Neil is a highly experienced technology professional with over 25 years of experience in the industry. He is currently the Head of Technology for one of Australia’s largest private employers, where he oversees the organization’s technology, cyber, and data analytics operations. Neil has extensive knowledge in cyber security and brings valuable IT knowledge to our board.
- Felicite is our vision-driven CEO, who has been deeply involved in healthcare and community services for 40 years. Felicite began her career as a nurse, midwife and paediatric clinician, before moving into senior healthcare positions in medical, age and community care, youth mental health and suicide prevention. She is passionate about holistic health, gender equity, and creating a world where every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
- Huyen brings a hard-working spirit and business mind to Luma. She spent two decades in leadership roles in business, consultancy and law, before joining the non-for-profit space due to a desire to create positive change in the world. Huyen is focused on optimising our operations, fostering talent in the corporate team and improving the lives of women. She is innovative, solution-focused and passionate about the future growth of Luma.
- Sofia is our wizard of finance, who has 15 years’ experience in the finance industry as a Chartered Accountant, finance professional and analyst in the commercial and non-for-profit sectors. With a sharp attention to detail and passion for improving process, Sofia ensures our funding is organised and optimised. And, as someone who rides 30km to the office every day, it’s safe to say Sofia is passionate about health and wellbeing.
- Karen is our compassionate leader of mental health & counselling. With over 20 years’ experience as a psychologist in multi-national corporations, private practices and non-for-profits, she brings an extraordinary level of expertise and passion to our mental health services. Karen ensures her team are not only happy but thriving in their roles, and fosters relationships with funding agencies to ensure our services are high-quality.
- Liz is a passionate leader with a strong belief in holistic and client-centred healthcare. She ensures our services are high-quality and evidence-based, while sourcing opportunities to grow our health and medical service. Liz worked as a physiotherapist for 13 years before moving into leadership roles, having now spent 18 years in the healthcare industry. She is an active mentor to other health professionals and leads her team in a compassionate and action-orientated way.
- Nikki is our dependable, strategic and people-orientated leader, with her heart set on empowering communities. She is passionate about inclusive and purpose-driven workplaces that bring out the best in people, and actively fosters this environment with her teams. Nikki has two decades of experience in community and health, previously working with children and youth, before moving into program management and consulting roles.