Our family and domestic violence specialists work directly with you by listening to your situation, assessing your level of risk, and providing you with individual support.
Our aim is to empower and inform you of your options so you can make informed decisions.
What you can expect from our service:
- An individualised safety plan
- Information about safe accommodation options
- Access to legal advice and guidance for restraining orders
- Support with liaising with police
- Referral and support to access specialist services
Multicultural Womens Advocacy Service (MWAS)
We assist Culturally & Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) women and their children, who have experienced family and domestic violence. Our team work collaboratively with you to provide culturally appropriate support, which includes counselling, safety planning, discussing options, and connecting you with legal, migration and community services.
Domestic Violence Advocacy Service (DVAS)
We offer confidential support in an inclusive, safe place for people who have experienced family violence or abuse in an intimate partner relationship. This includes discussing and planning a brighter future, assessing risk, safety planning, and connecting you with legal, counselling and community services.
Multicultural Kids in Focus (MKIF)
We offer support to children aged 4–14 years and their families, from culturally diverse backgrounds who are at risk of homelessness. We use a child-focused approach to assess the wellbeing of the child. We also provide the child and their family with emotional support and holistic care, throughout these services:
- Emotional support for children through individual sessions
- Connecting the children/family with other organisations and services
- Art therapy for the child to explore and express their feelings
- Housing support, liaison with schools and other agencies
- Engagement in recreational and social activities
Mindful Nest (FDV Counselling for Youth and Young Adults)
Mindful Nest is a free and flexible talk, play and art therapy program for children and young people of all genders, aged 0 to 25, who have experienced family and domestic violence. We provide a safe and welcoming space for young people to have their voice heard without judgment, to access support and reduce the impacts of family and domestic violence.
Children and youth enrolling into Mindful Nest will have access to:
- Counselling: Sessions are available with a trained provisional psychologist who has an extensive background in family and domestic violence.
- Art Therapy: Art therapy uses art as a form of communication, providing a safe way to explore feelings, emotions and experiences.
- Shark Cage® Group: This group is for young women aged 12-17 years old, and is about understanding family and domestic violence, recognising the behaviours and healing.
Referrals for domestic violence services
We accept referrals directly from clients and professionals, and will respond within 5-10 working days.
If you need urgent help, please contact:
- Crisis Care: 1800 199 008 after hours response for people experiencing crisis
- DV Helpline: 1800 007 339
- 1800 RESPECT: 1800 737 732
- Police: 131 444 | In an emergency: 000
- Sexual Abuse Resource Centre (SARC): 1800 199 888